Summary of how to record a voice-over in DaVinci Resolve:
- Go to Fairlight (musical note icon) tab on the bottom
- In the tracks on the left, right click and choose
- The resulting track will appear as
Audio 2. For easy reference, double click the track and rename to something like
- In the mixer on the right, find the track you just created and click
No Input. In the window that appears, select your microphone and choose
Patch. Close the input window.
R(Arm for Record) on the track to select it for recording.
- Press the record button to start recording your voice-over.
To not hear your own voice when recording, click the
M (mute) on the voice-over track